Our web hosting is second to none!
At Back2Front, web hosting is part of our Ongoing Web Site Management Service. There are no limits for Traffic, Space or Band-width. Our servers are secure, fully redundant, with automatic fail-over, and have a comprehensive backup system.
There are very few (if any) web site companies who offer this level of protection, and certainly not as a standard feature offered at no extra cost.
What is Web Hosting anyway?
The service by which your web site is made available for viewing on the web is called Web Hosting. You can think of it like rental space for your web site.
It can be (and often is) a very simple service involving a server (computer), and web server (software) and a connection to the Internet. Some companies called (strangely enough) Web Hosting companies, offer this simple basic service for a very low price per month. There are usually restrictions, conditions, and wide variations in features offered. Most often, these services are self-serve and require substantial technical knowledge to use.
Why Host with Us?
We handle everything for you (including hosting) so you don't have to.
As well, since we have complete control of the hosting environment of your web site, we have the ability to tailor it specifically for your web site!
The result: You get fast, uninterrupted service, and as your web site requirements grow, we automatically make adjustments as needed—so you never have to worry about upgrades or needing more bandwidth or disc space.
The web hosting service we provide includes:
- Disk Space
- Hosting includes the rental of the disk space occupied by your web site on a web server which is connected to the Internet. At Back2Front, there is no disk space limit.
- Traffic refers to the amount of data your web site sends and receives to and from its visitors. The amount of traffic your web site generates depends on the number of visitors you have and the size of your web site. At Back2Front, there are no traffic jams (limits).
- Bandwidth refers to the rate at which data is transferred to or from your web site. Adequate bandwidth is necessary to ensure that your visitors get responsive service when accessing your web site. At Back2Front, there is no Bandwidth limit.
- Domain Name Service (DNS) is the system that points your domain name (www.yourcompany.com) to the correct web server connected to the Internet. Back2Front offers expert ongoing DNS service for as many domain names as you care to point to your web site.
- All computers connected to the Internet are vulnerable to attack by hackers, viruses, and people with evil intent (you'd think they would have better things to do with their time, eh?). Security precautions and regular server upgrades reduce the likelihood of service failure, and are a standard part of our service.
- Backups of your web site are done at regular intervals so that if anything should happen to the web server, or if something should accidentally be overwritten, Back2Front will usually be able to recover it.
- Automatic Server Fail-over
- Back2Front has a fully redundant, automatic, server fail-over system, with servers in different parts of the continent. This means that barring a disaster of gigantic proportions, your web site will stay up! There are very few (if any) web site companies who offer this level of protection, and certainly not as a standard feature offered at no extra cost.